The very wonderful and funny writer Bronwen Green recently did a blog post sharing her internet search history. It was so much fun to read that I decided to keep track of my own search history yesterday and see what I looked up.
This is a combination of work and play. Right now, my work includes: writing the Numenera Ninth World Guidebook, copyediting As Kinky As You Wanna’ Be, working on the mature topics in gaming questionnaire, and other stuffs.
Life includes: a recently adopted dog, planning a bunch of trips, doing some long overdue house stuff, playing games, etc.
- What are the scariest sounding names/words? — for naming scary places, natch
- How do plants attract predators – Numenera worldbuilding
- Psychedelic properties of mushrooms – see above*
- Bioluminescent mushrooms – yeah.
- The etymology of the following words: prostitute, crystal, circle, forge, furnace, induce, the letter j, ullage
- Teach dog not to pull on leash – we have a rescue. She has some extra energy and a need to hunt squirrels. and birds. and leaves.
- Octopus tights – because one must
- Lunar power tidal – because I needed to know how, exactly, a device could be lunar powered
- How to make chocolate cupcakes with pudding mix – do you really need an explanation on this one?
- Scientists create solid light – they did and it is awesome
- Destiny grimoire cards how the hell do I use? – i still don’t know exactly
- Finger vein technology — making a cypher or something
- Lightspeed Women Destroy Fantasy — I have an article in this issue and can’t remember when it comes out
- Bathroom decor — wow, there’s some ugly out there
- Octopus art prints — for the pretty-making
- How to properly capitalize Saran Wrap — for copyediting purposes
- Is Saran Wrap trademarked — also above
- Kink-friendly medical professionals — making sure my lists in the book are up to date
- bSafe — free personal safety app; it’s in the book, so I want to make sure it still exists
- Handcuff injuries and prevention — go with leather cuffs, is the right answer
- Who plays Henry on Party Down — love him, love that show, can’t remember his name ever
- When does Brooklyn 99 start — not soon enough, is the answer
- How to print on sheets — I want to make sheets with quotes on them
- Can you tell how long a person has been dead by the firmness of their skin? — dear government agencies. I write fiction. Don’t come and get me.
- Electrical impulses from our fingers — science vs. magic
- How to keep metal from rusting underwater — this is hard, it turns out
- World’s largest amphibian — it’s the Chinese salamander
- What is fake snow made from and can I make it at home? — seriously. the stupid ideas i get
- Treibbal away to me — I’ve been teaching the dog to “come bye”; next is “away to me”
- Wired Numenera — I heard a rumor that Numenera was in Wired and had to see for myself.
God, my life is insane. How do I get anything done? Also, how did I get anything done before Google?
What did you search for this week?
Kiss kiss bang bang, s.
*did you know that some mushrooms are called smuts?